Editorial workflows for Obsidian (unofficial, by @tekacs)
These workflows assume:
- You store your files in Dropbox, to sync them to Editorial with.
- You choose your Vault folder as the Dropbox folder to sync with in Editorial.
- Your journal entries are stored at
- Your Zettelkasten entries are stored at
I’m using these personally and I’ll update the links here as I find and fix any issues. Please feel free to report any issues that you run into. I’ll take a look at them when I can spare the time. If you suggest fixes, please provide Python or screenshots rather than (relatively opaque) Editorial links. :)
View on Github
You can install the workflows by clicking the links below:
- autocomplete: With the cursor placed inside an incomplete
[[link]], suggest vault files to link like the dropdown in Obsidian.
- follow: Follow the
[[link]] under the cursor, just like Ctrl-Click in Obsidian.
- create-zettel: Create Zettelkasten file, at
Zettel/YYYYMMDDHHMM <prompted title>.md
- today: Go to your ‘today’ file, at
- copy-name: Copy the name of the current file, to be used inside a [[link]].
- a shortcut for inserting links from clipboard: you can use ‘copy-name’ and then type ‘ddd’ to create a link, if you create a shortcut as per this image.